Regenter achieves FC on Kirklees Council's Housing PFI project
The Regenter Excellent Homes for Life consortium comprising Regenter, Wates Living Space and Pinnacle PSG has today achieved financial close on Kirklees Council’s Housing PFI project.
The project includes the new build of 140 homes for older people within three extra care housing schemes offering care and support, 291 one and two bedroom homes for small households, and 35 homes specifically designed for wheelchair users. The new homes will be built on 27 sites across Kirklees.
Jim Saunders, Managing Director of Regenter said: “We are delighted that Regenter Excellent Homes for Life has achieved Financial Close with Kirklees Council on this very exciting regeneration project. The delivery of much needed high quality homes, as well as brand new extra care facilities, will help to meet diverse local needs and improve the lives of people across Kirklees.”
Wates Living Space will deliver the homes over a 27 month construction programme with work on the first 12 sites starting immediately. Other sites will follow in phases over the next two and a half years. Services will ramp up with the handover of each site and will continue for 20 years after the last site is completed. All services will be delivered by Pinnacle PSG and will include housing and tenancy management, cleaning, grounds and waste management, helpdesk, responsive repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance, and lifecycle replacement.
Ian Burnett, Managing Director, Wates Living Space, said: “We are delighted to be delivering these new homes as part of the Regenter Excellent Homes for Life Consortium. We have been working closely with Regenter and Pinnacle PSG in order to reach today’s exciting conclusion with the Council and we are now looking forward to starting the construction process. Our presence in the district will not only see us building homes, but building relationships within the local communities in order to create substantial employment and training opportunities for local people.”
Neil Euesden, Managing Director of Pinnacle PSG commented: “Pinnacle is very pleased to be part of this successful partnership and looks forward to working with the Council and local tenants and becoming part of the local community. This is an exciting project, which will deliver quality homes and essential services for Kirklees’ tenants.”
Cllr Peter McBride, Lead Cabinet Member for Housing and Investment said: “There are currently around 15,000 people on our housing register, waiting for a suitable home, as well as an increasing number of older people who require accommodation with extra support available to maintain their independence. Today’s announcement means that we can begin to address the shortfall of affordable housing we’ve had in Kirklees for many years, and deliver the specific types of homes we know today’s residents and those of the future, need. And as we’re working closely with Regenter on using as many local goods, services, labour and apprenticeships as possible, it’s clear that this scheme will have a much wider positive impact on the economy and Kirklees jobs too.”
Regenter has an 80% equity stake in the project with Wates holding the remaining 20%.